Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Portable Lamp issue # XXXXX

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Portable Lamp issue # XXXXX e-26667-b Could help us find the value on the above item

Thank You

Carrie

Steven, CAPP :

Hello Carrie, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you. Could you tell me a little more about the lamp, please? The size would help...and an image, if possible.

Steven, CAPP :

I am not sure the chat function is working properly tonight...let me know if you are receiving this, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve I am talking about a wall lamp that hangs on a wall plugs in with a cord. It has a frosted glass chimney gold on black with a circle wheat design

Thank you, Carrie. The Underwriters Laboratories Inc. marking merely indicates the unit has safety certified parts, by the way--they don't make lamps. The code C-290 was issued beginning in the 1960s, so the piece is mid to late 20th century. They are generally called "sconce" types, if they mount to the wall. Honestly, the retail on most on the secondary market is not a lot these days...around $25-40.

If I can do anything more to assist you in any manner at all, please just ask. I do hope you have a safe and blessed weekend.

With kind regards,

Steve