Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

This particular lamp was given to me and has an older cord.

This particular lamp was given to me and has an older cord. The bulb socket seems to be brass with a cardboard-feeling ring on top. "PRESS" is stamped on the assembly and two supports curve up to hold a large shade. A topper twists onto the supports above the shade to secure it. The lamp has a small black knob that twists to turn it on\off and has two handles on either side. It has a letter to signify a first initial though I can't make out what it says- maybe an "F", "S", or an "E". The last name isXXXXX is black along the top, base, and in the handles. Pink circles the entire center and has a cross-basket weave with green. and displays flowers on the front and appears to have a lot of gold filigree. It has four feet that look like the head of a kind of fish and scales that cover the bodies. Any info would be very helpful. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Can you send a better image of this lamp , this one is very dark , the lamp does not show up. There is a George Kovacs Lighting Company that this may be from.

.

PLEASE USE THE OPTION THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU!

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!

.
If you can send pictures it will help with a value for your item. Or complete detailed description to include all markings on the back and what color markings are.
.
You can use whichever way is best for you !
.

Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

.
in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb.

.

4 x 6 inch works best .

.

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me.
.

This is very easy if you take it step by step!

.
1.
You can send a photo to me , in the message box of the question, you will see at the top the little paper clip or tree ( not sure which one ), click on that.
.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE PAPER CLIP OR TREE AT TOP OF MESSAGE AREA LOOKS LIKE THAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.

.
then click on browse, another box will open up,

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

this will take you to where your photos are on your computer, you click on photos, camera or a camera program you use when you upload the pictures to the computer, this will open that program, you will see all your photos or names of your photos click on the one you want to send.

.

then click open, this will put the image name and URL address for it it in the second box you opened, then click ok....

.

then you are back to the first box , click on insert !

.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it. If you do not see it, then the upload did not work you need to try it again, pictures have to be in jpg form on your computer in order for it to work.

.
.
.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email!
.
Send the picture to ,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX , in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brittney

.

I got the pictures of the lamp, this is great! As I stated there is a company called Kovacs lighting that has been selling lighting since the early part of the 20thC,. I am not sure that your lamp is part of their line from the 40- 50's but, it does carry the same name that they used. This could possibly also be made by one of the many lamp companies that were producing lamps at that time, and the name on this lamp is the artist name who painted it. There are not records of anyone using that name on Hand Painted Lamps though. It is a wonderful lamp and looks to be in very good condition. It looks like it is a fine quality porcelain with 24kt gold trim and on a Brass Base with Base Feet.

.

The Mid Century Vintage Hand Painted Lamp has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $225.00-250.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of the top smiley face (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.