Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Berkey & Gay Vanity Dresser Value

I have a Berkey & Gay mirrored vanity dresser. I think the bench is the original needlepoint. How can I find out the value of the dresser?

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged in to the Just Answer web site from your computer. You cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Berkey & Gay Mirrored Vanity Dresser with Needlepoint Bench has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $850.00-1050.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of the top smiley face (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Hi my name is Glenda,

.

.

.

Thank you so much,

Glenda

.

.

Just dropping a note to let you know it was a pleasure working for you and to see if there is anything else you may need a value for? Was there a problem rating my answer I provided on your item. I notice that it was not rated.

If you are having any problems be sure to let me know if there seems to be an issues with rating. If not, and you have a moment a rating would be greatly appreciated.

If you've already rated it, thank you very much and feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Thanks!
Glenda