Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

For GLENDA B. in ANTIQUES - QUESTION THREE! ;-) Hi, Glenda, I

For GLENDA B. in ANTIQUES - QUESTION THREE! ;-)

Hi, Glenda,

I am endeavoring to get the rest of the 7-day trial questions to you as described with your guidance the other day before I became ill. I received notice this morning my 7-day trial will run out tomorrow, 11 July…so here we go!

I will send this #3 in two parts, and continue with QUESTIONS #4 and #5 as soon as I upload the photos for QUESTIONS #4 and #5 from our camera into the computer! Then I will have them all done for you to review as I had planned to continue with your assistance over these last 7-10days.

Yes, as you said, the photo situation is improved, too!

My apologies for the delay in continuing timely as we had been, with my not feeling well!

QUESTION #3 -- again for the VALUE/year…we have not been able to determine the year as relates to value…the stamp "EPNS" is on the rim, and we know it means Electro-Plated Nickel Silver and that it does NOT contain ANY silver! This piece has a front 'age crack' in the beautiful oak wood, and has a ceramic liner for English 'biscuits'/cookies!

Vintage English Oak Biscuit, Canister, Jar and Very good condition and measuring 6" H x 5 1/4" diameter

We were told by the antique dealer in NJ this was part of a woman antique dealer's personal collection!
Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX!
Jo/Joliet
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, Glenda, a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Angela! I would like to stick with Glenda B. as I sorta dropped the ball while not well/diabetic issues, and wanted to just keep things consistent for now with the remainder of my five question 7-day trial! But will keep you in mind for future.

Best!

Jo/Joliet

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joliet,

.

I type Joliet because it just sounds so pretty! I think it is a wonderful name! Smile

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged in to the site from your computer.

.

The Vintage Silver Plate and Oak Biscuit Canister/Jar ( some call these Barrels ) circa: 1915-1920 Origin : England, has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $115.00-125.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Glenda, would that be the worth of it, as it is not truly silver...we researched EPNS online and it is nickel silver but is not at all a silver content...very easy to find online, but some sellers on ebay are trying to ask higher prices by saying silverplate...it is electroplated Nickel silver, no silver whatsoever. This was a metal mix used in early 20th century, came out of Germany...I really learned something on this a few weeks ago when we started looking this up before buying it! But it is a sweet little thing and in such good condition! Just let me know that the $115-125 is pretty solid, based on age/condition. MANY THANKS!

Jo/Joliet

Yes, I am named after USAF call name, Alpha, Beta, Charlie....Juliet, but was named JOliet as my Dad liked it much better!...creative Dad! Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my Dad passed, I switched to pronouncing the 't', versus the silent 't' and the phoenic 'Jolee' sound...just felt like the the more 'crisp' sound and thing to do...he is greatly missed!:)

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joliet ,

Depending on where you are selling it, in an Antique Shop, yes they would go for this. They are valued high since they are Oak and Old English! If you are selling it on Ebay then maybe not this much, I would check what completed auctions have done in the past 30days, see if any have sold and if so how much. Then kind of base it from there. But, if were going in a shop or an antique mall setting, then I would put 115.00 on it, unless you are in a large city, then higher.

.

Ahh Air Force, well I know that , my Dad was retired from the Air Force 30 years! He too is gone now and badly missed. I think he did very good with your name!

.

Thank you so much,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I SHOULD have rated you with BIG SMILES TWO TIMES now, with $4.00 for each one! Please confirm they came through to you!

After a back break, I will get Question FOUR over with the silver item and the brass item...and if you are in EDT as are we, just now 9pm, an answer tomorrow is fine, just let me know!

THANKS AGAIN,

Jo/Joliet

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Joliet,

Yes, I got them! Ok, send the question with the Silver and Brass.. it is 8:40 here, I am CST. I will answer tomorrow, I think I am signing off! It has been a long day!

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, very long several days here.

We just uploaded the memory card of photos and I will work with them tomorrow. All this technology is truly incredible...WHEN you know what you're doing and use it often enough! That's my challenge, not using it regularly...love it!

Okay, Questions 4 with silver and brass, then Question 5 with two old family rockers on deck next!

As the pilots always wish each other...soft landings..!

Catch you here tomorrow, and thank you! BE SURE to let me know you got the 'closed' ratings and the two tips!! :)

Jo/Joliet

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Joliet

Yes, I got the two ratings and the tips! You are a sweetie, thank you so much.

Hope you have a good rest of the night. See you tomorrow.

Glenda