Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

antique athole w adams & co tunstall england

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 years ago.

Hi Paul,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Please tell me exactly what you have. If it is a set of china, please tell me exactly which pieces you have and how many of each.

Please also upload clear pictures of the front of one plate, and the marks on the back.

Here is some help with pictures:

You can use the paper clip icon or the tree icon at the top of your answer box.

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just sent a email with photos

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX'll get back to you as soon as I receive your pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

file:///C:/Users/paul/Pictures/Camera%20Roll/picture011.jpg

Hello Paul,
I got the link to your pictures, but the link doesn't work. Can you check it and try again, please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can send emails easyer can you send your email address please

Hi Paul,
I received your pictures! I'm going to do some research and get back to you.
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your patience!

This is what I found:

Your pitcher was made by XXXXX XXXXX and Sons of Stoke and Tunstall, Staffordshire, UK, between the 1880s and the 1920s. The company was founded in 1769 and is still in business.

Your pitcher appears to be ironstone.

If your pitcher is in perfect condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately AUD $80. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get approximately half the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Paul. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about your pitcher or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need.

When you are satisfied with my answer I would appreciate your positive rating. That is the way I am paid for my work. There is no additional cost for this.

A rating of one of the top smiley faces (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to you.

Your rating is important and should be based on my service. Please do not leave a "poor" rating because the value is lower than your expectations. I truly value your feedback. Come back soon and ask for me! Thanks for using Just Answer!
Experience: A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
Thanks for your positive rating, Paul!