Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

otto neubauer painting wiping clown 1951 any info on this painting

otto neubauer painting wiping clown 1951 any info on this painting thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 1 year ago.

AppraiserAlan AOA CA :
Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster and USPAP compliant AOA Accredited Appraiser ready to put my expertise to work for you. You can review my qualifications Here.
JustAnswer has sent me your question. I may need more information, but I will need one moment to look over what you've provided.
Be back with with you shortly!
AppraiserAlan AOA CA :
Thank you for your question! After review, I have found that to best assist you I need more information about your needs today and to know what questions you have? If you are seeking a value as well, before researching, it would help to know what type below fits your needs best:
Market Value: Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.
Insurable Value: The amount replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.
Please let me know your questions and which value type you are looking for and I will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!
Customer :

I JUST LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE PAINTING FOR NOW ...

Customer :

what kind of information you like to know?

AppraiserAlan AOA CA :
If you are seeking a value at all, before researching, it would help to know what type below fits your needs best:
Please let me know this and what it is you would like to know about this piece so I know what to provide. Thanks! In this case it would help me to see pictures if possible. Please photograph everything as a whole and make sure to get clear images of all present identifying marks and signatures using the Macro setting.

Because we are restricted to this chat box for communication, please use Imgur.com to share images with me.
To Do This:
1. Go to Imgur.com using this link.
2. Click Computer under Upload Images.
3. Navigate to and select your file; click Open
4. From here, you can upload more pictures or Start Upload
5. Once upload is done, click the image, copy the URL web address for each individual image and right click and paste them here. Submit the message and the links should post to our chat.
I found a video of this process HERE on YouTube. It may help.
If you are having any sort of problem with the upload process, please tell me which step it is and I'll see if we can walk through it together. I look forward to taking care of everything for you and will be back as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Customer :

do you have any info. about ott bauer?

AppraiserAlan AOA CA :
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX right on this for you. I'll be back with an answer as soon as possible. If you choose to leave this window, you will be emailed any time I respond. You will be able to follow the emails link back to this page. Thank you again for your question!
Customer :

if it is possible I rather speak with you my cell# XXXXX XXXXX XXX XXXX. thank you sonia

AppraiserAlan AOA CA :
I am sorry but all contact must be kept here. Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer. I was able to find artist info and estimate a market value range for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions. From experience and research I can tell you that there is little information out there for Otto Bauer. However I was able to find that he was an early 20th century artist known for painting with a medium choice of Oil on canvas. There was only one of his pieces at auction recently enough to be considered a comparable and it did not sell. It had an estimate of $353.
Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results for similar pieces with the majority indicating your otto neubauer piece has a current market value of $100 - $200. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more. Although this is the average amount today, there have been higher sales in the past indicating most markets are down at the moment.
I would recommend a starting asking price of $225
This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. If this isn't what you would like, please let me know and I can provide you with Insurance value.
I hope this is the information you were looking for! If not, or you would like to know more, please reply. If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.
I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items please request me by name in a new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible.
Thank you very much!
Customer :

thank you for your help .. I really appreciate....

41409.0200042593
Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
Thank you for the Positive Rating!

If you have anything else that you would also like my assistance with, please make sure to request me by name "AppraiserAlan" in your next question and I will be glad to help!