Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a book and paper doll set from 1912 to 1914. Land of

I have a book and paper doll set from 1912 to 1914. Land of Nod. Doll heads covered for protection but like new.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Can you tell me what size this is, also is there a publising company name on this?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Book is about 71/2 by 14" and copyright 1916 XXXXX XXXXX Price Strecher litho co. Rochester NY

Dolls were inside book.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles,

.

Is the book Land of Nod a story? I think these are two things the book, which is by XXXXX XXXXX she wrote a story book of this name. Then the paper dolls which are separate, is there a story in the book? Do the paper doll and paper clothes have any writing on them, are they in a folder or something ?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Near as we can tell the clothes are to put on the characters in the book. If this is of any value at all, we can take the protective cover off the head of the dolls. The heads are of the bunny and girl from what we can see. Overwise we should keep as is I think.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Charles

Ok, I see how it is thanks, XXXXX XXXXX what I found but, wanted to make sure it was not a book then also some paper dolls.

.

Please do not respond to an email from Just Answer/Pearl that message will not reach me, you have to be logged into the site and use the message box in the question to communicate with me!

.

The Land of Nod Paper Dolls in the Book, have an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $45.00-65.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.

You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up. You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.

.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces Smile (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answered your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted. If so please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help improve my feedback by, clicking on the "Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much

Glenda

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.