Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have an old coffee/tea set made in Bavaria Germany. Its

Customer Question

I have an old coffee/tea set made in Bavaria Germany. Its imprint is a distinctive crown, tiny illegible print, under which is a stylized capital "R" in a crest shaped box, beneath it reads Bavaria Germany, and a tiny o . o beneath that.

It is white with gold rim, two small roses with lacy leaves.

Does it sound familiar?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer Appraisals!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

How many pieces are there in this set of yours? Also, what is it that you would like to know? Are you just seeking a secondary market value? (This is the amount similar items currently sell for on the used market.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to unwrap and count the cups, saucers, dessert plates and serving pieces. I''ll do it now. Woops, in unwrapping what I've found so far there are fifteen saucers, nine cups, a creamer and somewhere there in the garage is the box with the other half, like a coffee pot, a tea pot, dessert plates, etc.

This poor beautiful set has been in a box over thirty years. That's a shame. I am interested in their value in the secondary market. No more storage!

Sorry if I contacted you prematurely.

Sharing the good life... XXXXX XXXXX
Hello Kathy, thanks for checking that and getting back with me. Using my resources, I was able to find comparable sales that give your Bavaria tea set a current secondary market value of $60 - $130 at auction or in a private sale. This is the amount similar items currently sell for on the used market. I hope this answers your question!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. XXXXX take a close up photo of the mark, can you give me the manufacturer? I was hoping for a little history.

Sure Kathy! Because I am not allowed to share my email address or phone number, to share pictures, you have upload them directly to the chat box.

To attach them here,

1. Click the Paper clip or Tree icon

2. Click the button to the right of the "Image URL" Button

3. Browse to and choose your file

4. Upload and then follow the prompts to insert it.

5. Once you push insert, wait for it to load (the word "graphic” should disappear)

6. Submit the message and await my reply.

Thank You,

Hello Kathy,

Will you be able to provide pictures for me here? I wold love to assist you with this.
Hello Kathy, I see you have viewed but not responded. Would you like to continue with this interaction?