Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a Wertheim Sewing machine that belonged to my grandmother.

I have a Wertheim Sewing machine that belonged to my grandmother. She was given the machine in 1908 when she was 12 years old. It was old then. Inscriptions on it state that it was manufactured in Germany for Hugo Wertheim. Sole Agent R.Lochead Dunedin. Other details on the footplate are Syst 182. It is in very good order given its age. All of the inlay is still intact. It is in working order. Included with it are the key for the lid. Needles, Belt for treadle, 9 x foot attachments, foot plate, button hole guide and wax block. I am in New Zealand.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Are you wanting a value for this?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please.

Bridgette

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bridgette

Does your machine look like this one?

.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Glenda,

It is similar. My one has three drawers on each side. It does not have a wooden arm sticking out on the left. The sewing machine does not drop down to underneath the machine for storage but stays on top with a wooden lid, etched with Wertheim, on top for storage.

The machine is stored at my parents house and we are here on holiday. When we get home on New Years Day (NZ time) I can email pictures to you.

Kind regards

Bridgette

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Bridgette

That would be great, you can email them here.

.

Send the picture to ,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX , in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques" in the body of the message put , your user name and name, make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you. The pictures cannot be larger then 1mb.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Glenda,

I have sent an email as you instructed with two photos attached.

Best Wishes

Bridgette

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Bridgette

Ok, thank you. I will let you know as soon as they forward them to me.

Glena

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Glenda,

It appears that my question has been closed off. Should I relist it?

Bridgette

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Bridgette

.

No, I have no idea why you would have gotten that message it is not closed ! Did you send the picture, if so I did not get them. You might want to try that again, be sure to send them from the same email you signe up with justanswer with, if you do not they will not know where to apply them. If you would like to try something different which does not take as long, you can try this.

.

I love this site and it is so easy to use, just make sure you make your photos, or albums public! And when you are done all you have to is give me your user name.

.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Glenda,

Sorry this is taking so long. I now have a Photobucket account! My username is XXXXX XXXXX

I have uploaded the other photos I have - about 13 in all.

Kind Regards

Bridgette

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

No problem, I did not mind waiting.

.

I looked at the images what a great sewing machine! The cabinet is wonderful! All of the inlayed wood the pulls on the drawers make this a beautiful piece of furniture.

.

Please do not respond to an email from Just Answer/Pearl that message will not reach me, you have to be logged into the site and use the message box in the question to communicate with me!

.

The Wertheim Sewing Machine circa:1908 has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $700.00-825.00 837.608 NZD-987.181 NZD, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For Insurance Values you add 40-45% to this amount. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces Smile (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answered your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted. If so please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help improve my feedback by, clicking on the "Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much

Glenda

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.