Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a very old bedroom set made by Joerns Bros furniture

I have a very old bedroom set made by Joerns Bros furniture co-Artistic Furniture Stevens Pt and on the back of dresser is stamped Grand Rapid.I wanted to know if it is antique or worth anything
Hi--could you post an image of the set and the markings, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am working on sending you a picture although I keep getting an error....I will continue to try

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here a closeup for the vanity it does come with a mirror as well

Thanks! The company was established inXXXXX Paul, Minnesota. The company moved to Sheboygan, Wisconsin in the early 1900's. Following a fire in its Sheboygan factory, Joerns Brothers Furniture Company then moved to Stevens Point, Wisconsin, in 1927. Through the 1940's and into the 1950's, the company prospered by manufacturing elaborate and expensive bedroom and dining room furniture sold to scores of retail furniture stores. By 1957, many of their goods were marked with a Grand Rapids marking, thus dating your item to that era. In essence, you have very high quality American made furniture but it would be classified as vintage, not antique (to be antique an item must be at least 100 years of age). While the piece is very well made and has wonderful inlay, I do note a bit of damage such as veneer peel. In most regions, the set in its present condition should retail in the $1,200 - $1,800 range. Since regional interest may increase value, you may wish to consider a market which will cover a lot of areas, such as eBay--but only with a reserve.

Most of their elaborate sets such as yours were patterned in Louis XV styles, by the way, and most came with full size beds, not queen. Hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with on this topic. Best, Will

PLEASE rate my answer. If you cannot see a place to do so, please let me know!

I do hope I have helped and answered your question higher than the minimum level of "OK" for my efforts to assist you. I truly enjoy being able to assist people when possible, and if there is absolutely anything more I can do to make this online experience more satisfactory in your mind, PLEASE just ask me! Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for visiting the site--if you have need of my services in the future, please just put my name at the BEGINNING of any posted question and I will be with you ASAP. If I cannot find the answer you need, I will do my best to find someone who can! Best, Will