Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

Is an oil painting by G. Rodney or W. Henry worth anything

Is an oil painting by G. Rodney or W. Henry worth anything?

guardiansoc :

Hello, my name isXXXXX , I am an Accredited Appraiser specializing in Fine Art and Antiques. How may I help you today? I need more information about your paintings. Please send images if possible and include the signature and the back if possible. In the mean time tell me more about the paintings. The subject matter, is it contemporary or does it look older?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

guardiansoc :

Thank you the images are coming through I will look at them for you and will respond as soon as I have an answer. Tim

guardiansoc :

I have researched your artists, the first is possibly William Henry a 20th century landscape painter who is listed but there are no auction results for him. The second appears to be Thomas E. Rooney, what looks like a G is actually a T with the E made using the left side of the T. He is also listed, the last time his work was exhibited was 1935 at the Society of Independent Artists. His work has sold for $350.00 to $700.00. The W. Henry painting is equal in technique and execution and most likely has the same value range. Thank you for the question, I enjoy looking at good art, all the best Tim

Customer:

Thank you.