Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, member of ANA, CFAA
54025905

Is an oil painting by G. Rodney or W. Henry worth anything

Is an oil painting by G. Rodney or W. Henry worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

guardiansoc :

Hello, my name isXXXXX , I am an Accredited Appraiser specializing in Fine Art and Antiques. How may I help you today? I need more information about your paintings. Please send images if possible and include the signature and the back if possible. In the mean time tell me more about the paintings. The subject matter, is it contemporary or does it look older?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

This program is so hard to work with. I sent four pictures. One big one of each painting and the signature of each artist. Hope you got them all. They both are at least 35 years old. Dont know anything else about them or the artist. But hopefully they are worth something and I can sell them. Thank you for your time. XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

guardiansoc :

Thank you the images are coming through I will look at them for you and will respond as soon as I have an answer. Tim

guardiansoc :

I have researched your artists, the first is possibly William Henry a 20th century landscape painter who is listed but there are no auction results for him. The second appears to be Thomas E. Rooney, what looks like a G is actually a T with the E made using the left side of the T. He is also listed, the last time his work was exhibited was 1935 at the Society of Independent Artists. His work has sold for $350.00 to $700.00. The W. Henry painting is equal in technique and execution and most likely has the same value range. Thank you for the question, I enjoy looking at good art, all the best Tim

Customer:

Thank you.

Experience: Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, member of ANA, CFAA