Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a set of the genius of Leonardo Da Vinci coins issued

Customer Question

I have a set of the genius of Leonardo Da Vinci coins issued from john pinches ltd bromley road London between 1975/1976. all still in red protective packaging marked strictly limited proof edition, no tears or rips to packaging , also have brown leather booklet deatailing issues 1 to 14 i have all matching coins except issue 1 , but i have a further two coins that are not detailed in the book . the coins depict hs paintings such asthe archangel gabriel, study of a horse for the trivulzio monumnet & the virgin & child with st anne, where could i obtain a valuation, also would these be worth having valued
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am a verified expert and will be working with you today.

I assume that these are sterling silver? Can you tell if there is any information on the weight of each piece and the silver content?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE WEIGHT OF THESE ARE 60G THEY ARE STERLING SILVER, HOWEVER AM UNAWARE OF THE SILVER CONTENT, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF THIS WIL COST ME ANY FURTHER MONEY AS HAVE ALRADY PAID £29 FOR THIS RESPONSE WHICH I FEEL IS EXCESSIVE & UNSATISFACTORY

Expert:  Wayne replied 4 years ago.

I don't receive any money until you accept my answer. The amount of money is a deposit. They're really not worth much more than the silver value, as these are not coins, they are medallions made for collectors, sold by a promoter for about 10x the silver market at the time. If you search Franklin Mint you will see very similar things selling for silver value or just over. As you said these weigh 60 grams. Here is the math 1 troy oz weighs 31.1 so 60/31.1= 1.92 Troy oz each. Pure silver is £21.7 per oz. These are sterling which is.925, £21.7x .925= £20.07 an oz x 1.92oz = £38.53 each. x 16 pieces is £616.48 silver value . The most these sell for is 10% over this value being £678.12.