Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.

I have a White rotary electric sewing machine series 77 in

I have a White rotary electric sewing machine series 77 in a cabinet, with a wax paper owners manual. It has a brass plate on the machine that reads patents pending with the numbers 77-18066 on it. It also has a plate on the motor that states patented October 25,1927, mf'd by White sewing machine corp Cleveland Ohio USA.
We would like to know any information you can give us, including the value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
Can you give me any further information about the condition of the sewing machine as well as the cabinet? IS it still in working condition? Is there any damage?
Thanks for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Power cord is all original, so we have not pluggedit in, the small round rubber drive wheel is flat in two spots, and the cabinet has a two inch by six inch v shaped wedge missing from the top veneer. The rest of the cabinet is in excellent condition. One drawer sticks a little. The sewing machine looks in excellent condition, nothing is rusted. Needle still goes up and dowm when wheel is turned. It has a knee bar controller built into the cabinet. Was in use up until 1976 when we acquired it, it has been sitting in a room ever since. We have the original owners manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information JoAnne,
Because we don't know if it is working or not I will give you a value based on the idea that the machine works. The old wiring can be dangerous and I would not want to see you or any others injured in testing the piece. In sound working condition your late 1940's model 77 rotary electric sewing machine produced by the White Co would value between 200-250 dollars in the case with the original manual.
The damage to the piece sounds minimal but if you find out it does not work due to the cord or for any other reason this would devalue the vintage sewing machine.
If you were to attempt to resell the sewing machine fair market values for the piece in working condition would be between 150-175 dollars.
These can be a bit of a pain to ship, so if you are considering selling online you would want to take the shipping charges into consideration. Craigslist or local consignment are usually the best places to sell the cabinet sewing machines.
I hope this information was helpful to you,
Best of luck with your vintage sewing machine,
If you could leave any feedback on my service I would greatly appreciate it,
Thank you,
Frank
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.