Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.

Warren Silver Plate Company New York Quadruple Plate. #181 It

Warren Silver Plate Company New York Quadruple Plate. #181
It is in 2 pieces, one piece is about 2/3 and the other is about 1/3. I has beading all around the top, flower like crown on the top of the larger piece and the side on the smaller piece.
flower and vine on both pieces. Maybe it is more a tray type. When placed together on the cut ends it measures about 6.75" on the inside and 8.25" on the outside, not to include the flower crown. My mother bought this somewhere at sometime. Can you give me more information on it and maybe a value? It needs to be polished and on the larger piece is is a little warped on the left top side.
I thank you very much for your time.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with your Silver pieces. Do you have any pictures of the silver pieces, for some reason there is a picture of a book that was uploaded. Can you give any information on the current condition of the silver pieces?
Thanks very much for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i insert a picture without giving you acces to my computer?

thank you.

laurie

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello Laurie
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
You can use the picture icon in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.
You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. The emails can take up to 24 hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I emailed a picture of the tops and of the bottoms of the two plates. They look like they are a dustpan of sort.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Laurie,
I look forward to the pictures,
Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello Laurie,
Thank you for sending those pictures. Your piece is what is known as a Silent Butler produced by Warren Silver Plate Company New York. The silent butler would be use at the dinner table to clean up crumbs. Sometimes used in conjunction with a small broom that would have come with the silent butler your piece simply utilized the other side of the piece which was cut off and used as the crumb pusher while the other half was the pan. Your late Victorian style silent butler produced of silver plate would value between 35-55 dollars based on the current condition. After polishing inspect for any dents or major scratches as this would devalue the piece. If there is any brass showing through the silver plate this would also detract from the value.
I hope this information was helpful to you Laurie
Best of luck with your silent butler,
If you could leave any feedback on my service I would greatly appreciate it,
Thank you,
Frank
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.