Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

value of sligh furniture chest of drawers. 4 large drawers

value of sligh furniture chest of drawers. 4 large drawers and two small ones at top. solid wood. app. date prior to 1960.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

If you can send pictures one of these ways I will help you value your item. Or complete detailed description to include all markings on the back and what color markings are.

Do not attach pictures or respond to me in any email you get from Just Answer this will not reach the expert, they have to be uploaded to the message area of your question. So you will need to sign into Just Answer go to your account then go to your questions in order to find this question and upload a picture there.

Here are instructions for sending several ways, be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

.
in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb.

.

4 x 6 inch works best .

.

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me.
.

This is very easy if you take it step by step!

.
1.
You can send a photo to me , in this message box, you will see at the top the little paper clip or tree ( not sure which one ), click on that.
.

EXAMPLE OF WHERE TO CLICK ON PAPER CLIP OR TREE AT TOP OF MESSAGE AREA.

.
then click on browse, another box will open up,

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

this will take you to your photos on your computer,

.

you click on the one you want to send , then click on the picture ,

.

then click open, this will put the image name and URL address for it it in the second box you opened, then click ok....

.

then you are back to the first box , click on insert, then save changes to this page !

.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it. If you do not see it, then the upload did not work you need to try it again, pictures have to be in jpg form on your computer in order for it to work.

.

You can see step by step instructions on this you tube video by clicking this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFMEtpDkow&fmt=37 if you cannot open it clicking on this, then copy and paste to your browser. ]

.

You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry ican not provide photo. brown in color with a floral design under each handle.

Richard,

That is ok I know this one, it is my book.

.

The 1960 Sligh Furniture Chest of Drawers with Floral Design has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $575.00-700.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. The company was founded in 1880 by Charles Sligh and headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Over the years, the company has pioneered new manufacturing techniques and developed innovative product features that make its designs uniquely functional and aesthetically beautiful. With an unmatched level of craftsmanship, Sligh is one of the industry's most respected brands.

.

The American Society of Furniture Designers established the Pinnacle Awards program in 1996 to recognize outstanding home furnishings design. Sligh products have earned three coveted first-place awards in the home office category and three first-place awards in the home entertainment category. In addition, the company holds a number of design patents for functionality and ergonomics that have been incorporated into its products.

.

Today, Sligh is a part of the Lexington Home Brands family, whose portfolio of respected brands includes Lexington, Tommy Bahama, XXXXX XXXXXnk Trading Co. and Aquarius. The company's product assortment is the most comprehensive in the industry, offering distinctive home furnishings for every lifestyle and every room of the home.

.

These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

New Rating System, Explanation: Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

Also, please rate my service to you not the price I have to report, I cannot control the value of an item, we use the most up todate data bases, references and research material. I cannot control current values.

.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces Smile lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job, this is the only way I am paid and credited for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating ( not, "Bad Service" or "Poor Service" ) it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda