Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

Estimate value of Rolls Razor, made in England.

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

That's a nice razor. Do have just the metal case or do you have out case and original box too?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just metal case with magazine ad. will send pic if you want.

Hi again.

That would be great.

Here's a few different methods of how can send photos:

In this message box, you will see a little paper clip at the top. Click it.

Then click on browse and another box will open up. Click on browse in that box. This will take you to the photos on your computer.

Click on the one you want to send. Double click on the image.

You'll be taken back to the upload box. Click OK. You'll be taken back to your original box.

Click Insert and you should be able to see the picture in the message area before you send it to me.

Here's another way that works really well:

Go to

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

It should look like this:

As a last resort, you can email them:

Email the pictures to [email protected]. They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up for Just Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's great.

That looks like a 1920s Whetter era razor. You might be missing the box, but the paper work and metal case look to be in great shape. =)

Based on my price guides (like Kovels, Millers, etc.) and recorded sales, it should have a current secondary market value in the range of $65 to $85.

Prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your pieces and where you try to it. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales do tend to go for far less that value.

Craigslist is a worthy shot because it's free. Etsy and Amazon are turning about to be a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers.
and are pretty good up and coming online sites.

You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.

If I can be of any further help or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

New Rating System, Explanation:

Please Rate Me Only, not the Website or the values I provide.

I am a appraiser who uses this site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values using the latest guides and recorded sales and any information I can find for you.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with at least 3 stars or 3 smileys and above. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.

You do not have to choose a rating in order to continue our converstion. You can just click the blue continue the conversation link if you want to reply to me.

My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep..

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

I look forward to working with you again.

Have a great night!