Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I have a gold Elgin pocket watch. Its a Wadsworth Referee

I have a gold Elgin pocket watch. It's a Wadsworth Referee warrented 20 years and the number on the inside of the back of the casing is(NNN) NNN-NNNN The inside of the watch itself is numbered 20282326 and also says double roller. On the inside of the back case it has engraving of the years it has been serviced. It looks like the earliest date is 2/3/24. There is also things like B831, K926 and 970 JS engaved on it. Is there any way you can give me some idea of what this watch is worth?

According to the serial numbers this watch was made in 1917. This is in a gold filled case aka 20 year case. This watch would sell at auction and on sites such as ebay for $100-150.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help!!! You just saved me a little bit of money!! Thank you for your time!!!

It's my pleasure, please click Accept. Thanks again.