ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have a grandfather clock that I want to sell and not sure

I have a grandfather clock that I want to sell and not sure of it's value. It has a Hermle black forest clock 451-050H clock movement and it's in excellent condition. It has Hammond on the front of it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received an answer and need this ASAP! If I don't get it by noon today, please cancel my request.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes Hermle is the maker of the clocks movement model 451-050H. The Hammond Clock Company was founded in 1928 to produce and market clocks. With todays market and prices realized checking with several auction houses such as Heritage and South Bend in good body and running condition $850.00 to excellent body and running condition $1395.00. When you go to sell the clock start out high because you can always come down you can't go up. Thanks Mike

This is your clock very nice

This is just an example used for reference yours might be a little different but the prices realized are the same.

This Hammond grandfather clock is oak wood and is 6' ft tall. It has an emblem of the world inside with Tempus Fugit printed on the plate. It has a swinging pendulum and weights and a key to wind it up. It's functional.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Experience: Antique Dealer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Any suggestions on how/where to sell it? We are in Salem, Ohio.

If you ever need help in the future JustAnswer is always here. Thanks Mike