Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

i have an International Silver CO. "Silver Soldered" Teapot.

i have an International Silver CO. "Silver Soldered" Teapot. It holds 32oz
and weights 2.2.1 lbs.

It is stamped 0 5008 on the bottom as well as 32 oz

Is this worth anything ? I've seen others that are 8oz, sell for almost $300, but they are a different company.

If I can sell this, where should I sell it and for how much. Thank you so much.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Can you add a picture of the bottom, please, so I can read the hallmarks? Here is some help with that:

You can use the paper clip icon at the top of your answer box.

You can go to, using my screen name, Judith-On-Antiques and my password, sharemyphotos1. There you can post your pictures, and then come back to this page and let me know you've done it.

Go to

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures [email protected], and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text. If you email the pictures, it could take 12 to 72 hours for them to reach me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Aloha Judith,
I have uploaded the back of the teapot. You can see it now.

Mahalo XXXXX XXXXX Holly
Aloha, Holly!
Thanks for the picture.

Your teapot was made by International silver, a giant conglomerate silver company that swallowed up many others.

Silver soldered wares are heavy silver plated items made mostly for use by restaurants and hotels. The monogram on your pot indicates that it was probably from a hotel.

If your teapot is in excellent condition, with no loss of silver plate, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $60. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Holly.

When you are satisfied with my answer I would appreciate your positive rating. That is the way I am paid for my work. There is no additional cost for this. I truly value your feedback. Come back soon and ask for me! Mahalo XXXXX XXXXX Just Answer!
Thanks for the positive rating!
If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those.

If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,