Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a belt buckle that is a "Union & Central Pacific Railroad

Customer Question

I have a belt buckle that is a "Union & Central Pacific Railroad Line via Omaha to California" on the front. On the back it has a small coinlike image of Napoleon. On the left is the word "Napoleon" on the right "Emperior" There is also another coin that looks like a backwards B then a large W and another Forward B. Do you know who made this and how old it could be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 4 years ago.

My name is Alan and I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! The reason You are not able to find the mark on your belt buckle is because it is a fake reproduction made in the late 1960's early 1970's. There are no bronze maker's marks and these were reportedly came out of England. They were sold in flea markets and antique shops for up to $1400. here is a link to a picture of your buckle;

You can find information about your buckle in this book here is the link;

Here is a copy of one similar to yours at auction they sell for $15 - $20 USD;

I wish I could tell you it was worth more but at least now you know.

I hope this answers your question! If you would like any additional information or have more

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thanks!

questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you , this is very disappointing news but what can you say . But thank you for your help . LINDA
Linda, I am like you I wish they would have put the guy who came up with this idea in jail. Please request me when you come back again and I will be glad to help you hopefully with a different story.

Alan C Ransdell, AOA AM, CA