Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

Etched Crystal Stemware - Sunflower & Wheat Pattern Who made

Etched Crystal Stemware - Sunflower & Wheat Pattern
Who made these glasses? How old are they? Approximate value?
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting for an answer. :)

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
What size, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The first set is "7 ½ x 3 ¾"

The second set is "6 1/3 x 3 5/16"

Same design for both sets, just one's smaller than the other.

There is also a crystal etched pitcher, but the design looks a bit different. I'm not sure if it's part of the stemware set or not, but if it is, maybe it'll help in the search. It measures 10" tall and is 7" wide at the widest part of the pitcher and 4 1/2" at its most narrow point, at the spout.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you most kindly for the images. Unfortunately the patterns on both are so universal it is difficult to ascertain the exact maker, sorry. The baluster style of the wine glasses is very much akin to fine Austrian crystal from the mid to late 19th century, but the style carried over well into the 1930s by other makers worldwide. They are free blown forms but the style of panel motifs indicates a bit of high speed machine work which more closely follows forms from 1890 onwards....I do note a few tiny edge nicks, but they can be polished out easily by most jewelry and fine china shops, if wanted.

Based upon a review of information you provided and published completed sales data for similar items, the current fair market value is estimated to range from $12 to $22 each on the private seller market based on overall condition and regional market demand. In an upscale shop, you would normally expect to see prices 25-35% higher in most regions.

Potential sales venues you could consider include listings on, and or even placing a free local ad on, for example, under collectibles. Larger or more expensive items can generally be placed on consignment in many collector and antique shops and galleries as well as in multi-vendor shops. You can also consider placement in a regional auction house or addition to a local estate auction as add-ons, which most will generally accept. You should be aware that most retail dealers will only pay 35-45% of actual estimated value since the items have to have a strong margin for resale and profit, especially in a weak economy such as the world is now in.

PLEASE rate my answer. I do hope I have helped and answered your question higher than the minimum level of "OK" for my efforts to assist you. I truly enjoy being able to assist people when possible, and if there is absolutely anything more I can do to make this online experience more satisfactory in your mind, PLEASE just ask me! Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for visiting the site--if you have need of my services in the future, please just put my name at the BEGINNING of any posted question and I will be with you ASAP. If I cannot find the answer you need, I will do my best to find someone who can! Best, Will

Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles