Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a tea set from the Takito Company. Marked hand painted

I have a tea set from the Takito Company. Marked hand painted Made in Japan also T T in two diamond shapes. I have 5 cups, 6 suacers, 6 small plates, a tea pot and sugar bowl all in mint condition. They came from my Grandmom's house and the box is marked wedding present 1930.

Can you give me an estimate as to what this is worth.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

The Takito Company Tea Set circa: 1930's has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $250.00-275.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. The Takito company 1880-1948, is mostly known as one of those specializing on the Lustre ware type of decoration originally developed by the Noritake company but pieces with moriage decoration in Moriage a'la Kyoto Satsuma on porcelain, are also common. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

New Rating System, Explanation: Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

Also, please rate my service to you not the price I have to report, I cannot control the value of an item, we use the most up todate data bases, references and research material. I cannot control current values.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces Smile lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job, this is the only way I am paid and credited for my time, at no additional cost to the you. Please leave a good feed back rating not, "Bad Service" or "Poor Service" it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much