ACEappraisal
ACEappraisal, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Fine Art Original Paintings & Prints, furniture, silver jewelry and more.
68224592

norman rockwell print titled "the street was never the same

norman rockwell print titled "the street was never the same " whats it worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ACEappraisal replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for coming to Just Answer.

Can you tell me if it is signed and/or numbered? How is the condition?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is signed in fair condition

In 1952, Norman Rockwell (1894-1978) was commissioned by Ford Motor Company to commemorate their 50th Golden Anniversary by producing a painting called "The Street Will Never Be the Same".

Located in Troy, New York, atXXXXX the red toned, two-story brick house was set as his backdrop and featured a 1903 Model A. The print was produced on pebble vellum and highlights the details of Rockwell's Americana style in his work. He often signed, what were most likely to be at least 1000 prints, in pencil (outside of the image) in the lower left hand corner. In 1953, the print was released and was also reproduced in a calendar that year. Additionally, many reproductions were also produced in the years following, all unsigned.

On eBay, May of this year a signed "The Street Will Never Be the Same", print sold for $130 (including shipping and in good condition). However, I believe the pricing
for this print is a bit stronger than this price due to its historical relevance and the lack of the seller's presentation of the print.

However, I'm seeing a lot of Rockwell prints that have edition sizes of only 200 that are signed and numbered in great condition going regularly for $200, with some
of the most prized prints topping out around $500-$600. Unfortunately, the economy
hasn't been kind to works under glass since 2009.

I place the price of this print at $150 in good condition. You said yours was in "fair"
condition, therefore, $125.

Thanks again for coming to Just Answer, your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Experience: Fine Art Original Paintings & Prints, furniture, silver jewelry and more.