Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a full set of Fostoria Crystal Stemware that belonged

I have a full set of Fostoria Crystal Stemware that belonged to my great-grandmother. It has the water glasses, chanpagne glasses, cocktail glasses, and dessert glasses. It is all etched with a beautiful floral pattern. It has sentimental value to me but I was wondering if it is worth anything?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! How many of each are in the set I need to know the exact count of each set like 8 water glasses. Are any of them chipped or nicked on the top lip edge or bottom stem of the glass, any scratches? Thank you, Alan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
8 glasses in each set and none are chipped or scratched - these are clear crystal - not painted glass like a lot of the Fostoria - they are etched with a beautiful flower pattern
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No chips not scratches

Hello Susan,

Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your Fostoria etched stemware glass set a current secondary market value as listed below at auction or in a private sale. They are many patterns the most common etched pattern is Naverre. The Fostoria Glass Company manufactured pressed, blown and hand-molded glassware and tableware for almost 90 years. It began operations in Fostoria, Ohio, USA, on December 15, 1887, at South Vine Street, near Railroad,[1] on free land donated by the townspeople. When natural resources declined in Fostoria, the company moved to Moundsville, West Virginia, in 1891. Foreign competition increased during the 1970s. In 1983, Fostoria sold its factory to Lancaster Colony Corporation of Columbus, Ohio. By 1986, Lancaster Colony closed the factory and sold the remaining stock directly to consumers. These bring the best prices sold as sets of 8 on eBay.

can to provide you with the service you seek. Thanks!

Fostoria etched Water Glasses (8) $50 - $100 USD

Fostoria etched Champagne Glasses (8) $40 – $80

Fostoria etched Cocktail Glasses (8) $60 - $80

Fostoria etched Desert Glasses (8) $40 - $70

I hope this answers your question! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thanks!