Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I also have a cherry boy statue. He has some damage to his

I also have a cherry boy statue. He has some damage to his arm and his cherries are missing. Is it worth getting him restored and if so who should I get to do this?

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

The Cherry Boy Statue has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $200.00-250.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. ).

.

The person to repair this would be a Porcelain or China repair person. They will be listed in the yellow pages of the phone book. Or you can contact one of the local Antique Shops in your area , ask them who they recommend, they will know the best repair person around.

.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

New Rating System, Explanation: Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

Also, please rate my service to you not the price I have to report, I cannot control the value of an item, we use the most up todate data bases, references and research material. I cannot control current values.

.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job, this is the only way I am paid and credited for my time, at no additional cost to the you. Please leave a good feed back rating not, "Bad Service" or "Poor Service" it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda