Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We have a table and four chairs from The Jefferson Woodworking

We have a table and four chairs from The Jefferson Woodworking Co., Louisville, KY. Stamped with the company name, and The Roller Bearing Easy Slide". The four chairs have 6200 and are each initialed on the underside of the seat. We can't find any dates on the table. We have one leaf, although I think it originally had two. Any idea the set's worth?

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

The Oak Table and 4 Chairs circa-1920's ,was produced by another company ( which is unknown without a makers name ), the Roller Slide used on the set was produced by the Jefferson Woodworking Company, Jefferson Wood Working Company was a table slide manufacturing business in Louisville, Kentucky. Many tables have the stamped wooden slide with metal cogs, but Jefferson didn't make the tables. Other American woodworking companies made the tables and used Jefferson slides in the construction. The University of Louisville digital archives show Jefferson Wood Working in business in 1922. All Jefferson Wood Working Company table slides are 20th century production. The Table and Chairs has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $850.00-1100.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

New Rating System, Explanation:Please Rate Me Only, not the Website.

Also, please rate my service to you not the price I have to report, I cannot control what we find in recorded information on sells, and not all areas are recorded so values can vary.

.

I am a appraiser who is a user of the site to answer questions for customers who come here. I do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A good feed back rating lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job and therefore I get credit and compensation for my work. At no additional cost to the customer. Please leave a good feed back ( 3 stars and above, or 3 smiley faces and above not "Helped a little" or "I expected more" or "Bad Service", "Poor Service" I am not sure which one may be used )it is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback by, clicking on the " Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda