Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a signed Dalhart Windberg print that is apprximately

I have a signed Dalhart Windberg print that is apprximately 9" x 6". It is framed; he signed the glass and also the back with the date 9/6/87. It is a picture of what looks like a model T driving down a dirt road with a barn and windmill off in the distance on the right. I'm looking to find out possible worth might be before putting in a garage sale for my mother-in-law. Thank you, Linda

MTantiques :

Good Evening, I would be happy to assist you with tour Dalhart Windberg signed print

MTantiques :

Can you give an idea of the current condition

MTantiques :

Is there any damage to the print or the frame?

MTantiques :

Hello Linda, In excellent condition the 9" x 6" signed Dalhart Windberg limited edition print would have a value of between 120-150 dollars. If you were looking to resell the print in the current market you could expect a resale value of between 55-75 dollars in a secondary market setting. I have seen his works selling currently for these values while many of the high valued pieces sit. The current Art market is tough even on original pieces.I would recommend starting with a price around 100 dollars but taking offers at the sale, if you can get between 50-70 for the print you will have done well on it if your mother in law is looking to sell the print quickly. You can try selling it online but if at all possible you may want to consign with a local dealer as they may be able to realize more of a retail value for the piece.

MTantiques :

Best of luck with your print,

MTantiques :

Frank

Customer:

Thank you. Both the print and frame are in excellent condition. It has only ever been stored.

MTantiques :

Thank you for that information, were you able to take a look at the appraisal

MTantiques :

The condition is helpful in the resale as well the signatures

Customer:

Yes, thank you. The print will not be in the garage sale. LOL You have given me enought info that we will keep and use for our own enjoyment. We are in Texas and just have learned of this artist. Thank you for your help.

MTantiques :

Not a problem, I was happy to help