Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have the Time Life Great Men of Music collection. How much

I have the Time Life Great Men of Music collection. How much is each set worth?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! These LP record sets were made by Time Life in the late 1970's they do not have a high market demand at this current time for sets like VIVALDI, IGOR, and BEETHOVEN at auction i would estimate them at $30 - $60 a set.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thanks!

I hope this answers your question! If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You did not give me an approximate value for the other album sets like Bach, Berlioz, Brahms, Chopin, Debussy, Dvorak, Handel, Haydn, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Prokofiev, Ravel, Schumann, Shostakovich, Sibelius, Stravinsky, and Tchaikovsky.

Thanks

Hi Jose, sorry about that! How many total sets do you have exactly what is the count? And it that every set issued in the complete series do you have them all for sure? Thanks, Alan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have 19 in all - the composers listed above plus Vivaldi and Beethoven. I don't have Igor, and I'm not sure what the total of the complete Great Men of Music set is. In fact I am wondering what happened to Grieg, Liszt and Wagner.

Jose,

I work off of a small commission and I am self-employed your negative feedback rating will affect my pay and maybe it cost me my job. So I am trying to explain what is going on here so you will better understand it.

Out of the 30 composers and books that are to make the complete set that was issued by Time Life there were these that were issued when it came out over 4 decades ago;

LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN PETER ILYICH TCHAIKOVSKY WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART JOHANNES BRAHMS JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH IGOR STRAVINSKY GIUSEPPE VERDI FRANZ SCHUBERT GUSTAV MAHLER ANTONIN DVORAK FREDERIC CHOPIN RICHARD STRAUSS ROBERT SCHUMANN GEORGE FRIDXXXXX XXXXXDEL MAURICE RAVEL SERGEI RACHMANINOFF ANTON BRUCKNER BELA BARTOK ANTONIO VIVALDI JEAN SIBELIUS RICHARD WAGNER FELIX MENDELSSOHN GIACOMO PUCCINI DMITIRI SCHOSTAKOVICH FRANZ LISZT AARON COPLAND FRANZ JOSEPH HAYDN CLAUDE DEBUSSY SERGEI PROKOFIEV HECTOR BERLIOZ

Yours is not a complete set and a complete set with books sells for $140 - $200 USD. Where separate sets sell for more $30 - $60 USD, a piece and this is why they are sold separately.

This complete set sold for $140 USD

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/30-time-life-great-men-music-lp-109640653

This one you do not have sold for $49.00

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/franz-liszt-time-life-records-lp-set-151174375

This one you do not have sold for $15.00

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wagner-great-men-music-boxed-set-173846929

So you have your value range an know exactly what you have.I looked at over 20 different auctions for you and I answered your question to the best of my ability.

I would ask that you please reconsider and change your rating of poor and the negative feedback you gave me. I have no control over the market values they are what they are and we are in a poor economy as you well know.

Your one question is actually 19 different questions and not just one so i have went far an above the call of duty for you.. I ask that you please reconsider changing your rating so that the small commissions I make off of answering questions will not be cut. I wish I could tell you they were worth more.

Sincerely,

Alan C. Ransdell