Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

How much is my "The Free" Treadle Sewing Machine Worth?

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.

MTantiques :

Good Evening, What is the current condition of the sewing machne?

MTantiques :

sorry sewing machine

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is in Fair Condition
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening,
The Free sewing machine company was founded in Rockford Illinois in 1910 and produced sewing machines in Rockford until 1958. The company moved to Los Angeles and ceased production in the early 1960's The early century models value between 50-100 dollars in fair working condition. Many of the models in poor condition are sold for between 20-30 dollars for parts. People do still collect them in good condition especially if the case is still in good condition with a working pedal.
Thank you for your question and your patience on Just Answer,
Best of luck with your FREE! sewing machine,
Frank
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I tell what year it was made? Also, it does have the original owners manual, an original metal box with interchanging parts in it and the original bobbins with some thread on them. Do these items increase the amount the sewing machine is worth?
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
They would definely be beneficial in the sale but these sewing machines usually top out around 85-100 in good condition. I am seeing many of them selling for between 10 and 40 dollars. The manual would have some value in itself though possibly 10-12 dollars for someone who is looking for it. As far as a year are there any serial numbers, do you have a picture you can attach?
I would be glad to further assist with any information,
Thank for your reply,
Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have the machine at my house but I can look at it tomorrow and see if I can find any serial numbers. I wasn't able to attach a picture but it you go to http://www.ismacs.net/free/free_treadle.html it will show you a picture.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for your quick reply,
If that is your sewing machine in the picture on the website it is a very early model 1910-1920. As long as it is still in working condition it will have value to it but much of that value will be based off of condition and if it is still usable. As opposed to a parts machine.
Thank you very much for your question this evening,
I hope the information has been helpful,
Best of luck with your sewing machine,
Frank