Ask C&A Appraisals (Randi) Your Own Q...
C&A Appraisals (Randi)
C&A Appraisals (Randi), Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  ISA Certified fully accredited USPAP. 30+years experience. Speaker, TV, Radio, Newspaper Featured.
19938325

what is my 1967 miss america barbie worth

Category: Antiques
Expert:  C&A Appraisals (Randi) replied 4 years ago.

C&A Appraisals (Randi :

Hi, my name is Randi

The Miss America Barbie was made in 2 types and although the body patent says 1967, they came out in 1972 and 1973. Please see this link. The dolls are more available than the accessories and ensembles. It depends on the condition of your doll as to how much she is worth. Do you want to sell her or keep her? If you want to sell her that is market value, if you are keeping her you would want me to research retail value for her. Is she mint in box, near mint w/o box, good used or what condition? Does she have her original clothes, shoes etc? Is her hair in fine condition or re combed, cut, worn? All that bears on how much she is worth so please be sure and answer my questions. I will watch for a reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she is in fair condition she has original dress ,robe and crown with ms america banner her dress is a little yellow from age. i dont have her original shoes or bouquet that came with her but when you move her legs like she is walking her arms go up and down and her head moves side to side. her hair is in good condition it still looks curled on ends i'm not sure if i want to sell her or keep her depends on the price i guess
You have the "Walk Lively" version. She was based on a real life Miss America. Her value in the condition you note is in the $125-$175 range for retail. Here is an example to check against yours:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Barbie-1972-MISS-AMERICA-doll-WALK-LIVELY-/320776920433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aafcb5d71

This mint in box version sold on eBay for $125 at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-8697-Barbie-Quick-Curl-Miss-America-1972-Never-Removed-from-Box-/221034623227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3376b0b0fb

This one sold in really good condition, probably very similar to yours for $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Walk-Lively-Barbie-In-Great-Condition-/260992701449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4609409

You would expect to sell yours in the $30 to $50 range at auction.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. My best, Randi