Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a beautiful antique bear trap. It is 100 % original.

I have a beautiful antique bear trap. It is 100 % original. Strong springs, clear raised lettering on the pan. It is an ONEIDA NEWHOUSE REG. U.S. Pat. OFF. # XXXXX Bear Trap, Made in USA, Animal Trap Co. LITITZ PA.

What is it's value?
Good Evening,
The Oneida Newhouse bear trap would have a fair market value of between 500-700 CAD for a piece in excellent condition. The market for antique traps is very strong right now as they are now no longer legally made. Many collectors are looking for these vintage pieces and at auction will pay top dollar for them. I was able to find The Oneida Newhouse #6 bear trap which sold for 3,700 dollars in an auction. This was the last model made without the cast iron teeth. Because of age, use and deterioration we do not see very many examples of these traps in quality condition. At auction you may be able to realize a better price based off of the current demand.
Thank you for your question,
Best of Luck with your bear trap,
Frank
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Very satisfied with your answer.
Thank you very much,
If you ever have any future questions I would be happy to help in any way possible,
Frank