ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

I have a wood burning stove made by the Malleable Steel Range

I have a wood burning stove made by the Malleable Steel Range Mfg Company. The number 818 is on the front of the stove. Great condition. Some rust. How do I find a value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the inquiry! I did a search through online auctions and classified ads and found many similarly described examples selling at the $500 to $1,000 level. As you likely know, a limiting factor for these is that they are very hard to move and ship, limiting their market in large part to a 200-300 mile radius where someone may pick it up. The model 818 dates from circa 818. While fully restored these can sell at the $2,000 to $3,000 level, most typical examples sell at at more modest levels of $500 to $1,000. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean by circa 818? 1918?

Hi Karen! I'm sorry...fat fingers today apparently! It looks like it dates from circa 1910.