Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have an antique spool bed that is full size, cherry wood.

I have an antique spool bed that is full size, cherry wood. I'm not sure it is a Jenny Lind, what else could it be? I have photo if you would like to see it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,

Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

This is what is called a Spool Post Bed, with Center Slats. With a Jenny Lind bed the entire head board and foot board is little spools that run from side to side. It looks like this:

Your bed is from the 1930's-1950's Maple, and it is currenlty estimated to sell on the secondary retail market for an average of 450.00-550.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )
So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

A Good feed back rating lets JustAnswer/ Pearl know I did my job and therefore I get credit and compensation for it, so please leave a good feed back if there is a place to do so. It is very much appreciated, and if you do not feel a good feedback is warranted, then please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help get a good feedback.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much