Randyman, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Co Owner of Cummings & Associates Personal Property appraisers since 1999

How much would a collection of 22kt Gold Replica U.S. Stamps

How much would a collection of 22kt Gold Replica U.S. Stamps starting with Earth Day issued April 20, 1995 through Carousel Horses issued July 21, 1995.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Randyman replied 4 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I will try to help you.
I collected these stamps for awhile during the period that you are speaking of. The 22 kt gold is a gold foil around a replica stamp along with an example of the stamp. When I was collecting the first day issue gold replica stamps would come in a box of six stamps with all the information for each stamp, and the box would cost, I believe, $39.95. You have @ 4 months of stamps. Your stamps have a Fair Market value for resale of @ $60.00. Unfortunately, the US Post office just flooded the market with these, and they have barely retained their original value and have even gotten a little cheaper. However, there are some of these stamps that are fairly valuable, but they are stamps like the Michael Jordan stamp, Dorothy Hamill, & Willie Mays, mostly single personality stamps that have the value. I hope this helps you! You can find a lot of these on ebay. Make sure you check "completed" sales to see what they are actually selling for.

Randy Man

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Accepting does not cost you any additional money, it just credits the experts so they get paid for their expertise, time, and research.. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also.