Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

I have a 1903 upright grand Peerless Piano Player Co. New York.

I have a 1903 upright grand Peerless Piano Player Co. New York. The finish definitely needs work, has one broken tip ivory key, the top was gone and is temp. replaced, and it is out of tune. It has a bench that was recently made to go with it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! Using my resources to look into your inquiry, I was able to find comparable sales that give your piano and bench a current secondary market value of $200 - $400 USD at auction or in a private sale.

I hope this answers your question!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have read/seen that you should not have them restored. I looked on line this morning and the value restored was between $10 and $13K. Why is there SO much difference in value restored?
The reason for this is that the restoration will actually cost you about that much to have done.