Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Gold Castle China, some pieces marked made in Japan, others

Gold Castle China, some pieces marked made in Japan, others Made in Occuppied Japan
Some say "Hostess" all Gold Trimmed and same Floral pattern. Some plates and saucers are numbered. What is worth more Occupied Japan or just Made in Japan? What does it mean that they are numbered?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.
Occupied Japan commands a premium of about 15%...numbered ones are generally either the original patterns or later production pieces in the same pattern...no difference in value on them...how many pieces total?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

15 Plates

15 Cups

15 Saucers

2 Platters

2 Creamers with lids

2 Sugar Bowl with lid

15 sandwich plates or saucers

2 Oval Bowls

1 Serving bowl

1 mini demitash cup with saucer

1 Gravey boat

8 small bowls

70 pieces total

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These pieces are in mint condition, No Chips or Cracks, They have been packed up for years and years. What do you estimate this set to be worth? They do have 2 different marks on the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My expert went offline and did not finish answering the questions I asked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please give me an estimated value on this set.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My expert went offline before I got my answer.I need to know the value of this set tonight please, I have recieved no response and this is the third attempt.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I was asked to looked into your realist since you need immediate help.

Here's a current secondary market value breakdown of your pieces:

Plates- $18 to $22 each

Cups/Saucers -$20 to $22 each

Platters - $45 to $85 depending on the size

Creamers with lids - $20 to $25 each

Sugar Bowl with lid - $25 to $30

sandwich plates or saucers - $10 to $14 each

Oval Bowls - $55 to $90 depending on the size

Serving bowl - $65 to $75

mini demitasse cup with saucer - $18 to $22 each

Gravy boat - $35 to $35

small bowls - $8 to $10 each

That should give you a few different ways to price it since you're interested in selling it.

If I missed anything, just let me know.

Keep in mind that prices will depend on the exact condition of your pieces and where you sell them.

Etsy and Amazon are turning about to be a great alternative to Ebay and do sell worldwide. http://www.bonanza.com/ and http://www.artfire.com/ are pretty good up and coming online sites. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great selling sites too.
.
You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer because they're looking for profits too.

If you go with Ebay, consider a reserve.

If I can be of any further help or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

.

Please make sure to rate my answer or choose a smile if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated. A good feedback or rating lets Just Answer / Pearl know that I did a good job and therefore I get compensated for my time and work. It's very much appreciated. Smile
.
If there is a problem with my answer or you don't feel it I deserve a good feedback or rating, please contact me before leaving any neutral or negative feedback. I want to do everything I can to make sure you're satisfied.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

.

I look forward to working with you again.

.

Have a great day and good luck!

~Diana

Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.