ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I just inherited an entire set of Noritake "Margaret" china,

I just inherited an entire set of Noritake "Margaret" china, service for 12 with several serving pieces. It is in excellent condition - no chips, etc. purchased in Japan around 1961 when my stepfather was stationed there with the Air Force. I would like to sell it, but where? How much?
Thanks for the inquiry! Noritake Margaret china was produced from 1961 to 1973. A sites like Replacements.com which provide current retail prices, to replace the set would cost $650 to $750; however at auction a 12 piece set like this would likely sell at the $425 to $550 level based on recent sales (most notably an 8 piece set with serving dishes that realized $350 several years ago).

Thanks again. Please let me know if I may be of further help. If this answer was useful, kindly press the green accept button as it is the only way that experts receive any compensation for helping you (even when you leave a deposit)!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. XXXXX be better off to sell it piece by piece on sites like Amazon?
Hi Kathy, unless you're a professional shipper/eBayer, selling off a large set piece by piece would seem to be more trouble than it's worth. I'd offer the set as a whole on a site like eBay/Etsy. You may get more that way and not be stuck with an incomplete set (ie: if something breaks in transit).