Southwb
Southwb, Estate Company Owner & Antique Dealer
Experience:  I have been in the estate liquidation and antique business for over 15 years.
65817006

I have a lawn jockey i believe its the "jocko" one it needs

I have a lawn jockey i believe its the "jocko" one it needs a little repair but overall not in too bad of shape. I was wondering how rare it is and if i would be better off restoring it to original or paint it another theme like Texas Longhorns or cowboys to appeal to my area for a better chance to sell it. Im in the panhandle of Texas and dont know which way to go

Southwb :

Hi

Southwb :

How tall is the lawn jockey?

Customer:

26"

Southwb :

Is it electric, gas, or candle lit?

Customer:

im not sure i dont think the lantern is original but there are no wires or anything

Customer:

there are no holes or anything for wires either

Southwb :

I do not believe that your lawn jockey is the original Jacko one, it does not have many features of the original ornament including correct position, lantern, etc. I would call yours a likeliness to the original Jacko probably made around circa 1960.

Southwb :

As far as value, in current condition, I would place a fair market value of $250-$400 on your lawn jockey ornament. I do not feel a complete restoration would significantly effect the value.