Southwb
Southwb, Estate Company Owner & Antique Dealer
Experience:  I have been in the estate liquidation and antique business for over 15 years.
65817006

I have a wood stove, 20th Century Laurel from the Art Stove

I have a wood stove, 20th Century Laurel from the Art Stove Co. Detroit #166-C in working condition but chrome needs some restoration.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Southwb replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Can you tell me, is your stove missing anything? Is it rusted/corroded at all? Is there a date on it? and what are its dimensions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
26" x 26" x 59" high. No rust but Chrome is a bit corroded. We have replacement mica for the window. I can't see that it is missing anything and don't know where to look for a date. I figured the 116-C might indicate that.
Expert:  Southwb replied 4 years ago.
What you have here is a circa 1910 potbelly wood burning stove by the Art Stove/Michigan Stove Co based from the 1890s-1930s in Detroit. The stove is a standard parlor model made of solid cast iron with nickel embellishments(chrome like metal). The stove appears to be one of their more opulent higher end models as the 20th century model was a bit more expensive then the others.

As far as value, in as is condition your stove has a fair market value of $400-$600. Should you have it restored, it would be worth $700-$1000. I would insure it for $750 replacement value in as-is condition.