Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464
Antiques

i have an ALL original 1930s (1936 i think) red sky king tricycle.

Any idea of its value... Show More
Any idea of its value today and where I could expect to get top dollar? Also wondering if restoring it will increase or decrease its value. i can send pics to an email if you can give it to me to send to you. XXX-XXX-XXXX derek

Hello, my name is Glenda

Thank you for choosing Us for an answer to your question.

The new reproduction Trikes like this are selling for around 300.00 at Home Depot but, I think they have stopped selling those.

The Vintage 1930's Sky King Trike is estimated to sell on the secondary retail market ( known selling price ) for an average of $1500.00 to as much as $3000.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. If restored to Original it will bring closer to the $3000.00, if in really bad condition it would sell for under the 1500.00, yours from the image looks pretty good, not in too bad of shape. This will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Have a great day.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

thanks a bushel. can you help me find the best market for it or best region to market it? if so i will tip. Also, would you recommend restoring it?

Thanks

Derek

Derek,

I would restore it only if you want to put a lot of time in this. I know that there are people who do this as a hobby and love it but, it can be a lot of work. And unless you are experienced then things can happen, so I am not sure I would undertake it if I had not done one before. But, of course that is just me. I would list this for sell first on Craigslist it is free and you list in your area or a larger city near you, the buyer picks it up. Your money is all yours. If it did not sell there in a fast enough time to suit you then I would list it for sell on Ebay, with a reserve or a buy it now price, and there is also a reallly great site where you can sell Vintage Items, called Etsy, it is great. You can also sell on Amazon. All of these draw world wide attention so they get a lot of traffic. Keep in mind if you list on Ebay, have it run over a weekend when people have more time to browse.

Have a great day.

Glenda