Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a headboard and footboard of 3/4 antique spool bed late

I have a headboard and footboard of 3/4 antique spool bed late 1800s. Bed Frame needs rebuilding Any idea of value or market?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

Does it look similar to this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Close but the head board comes to a point in the center and I think is spool as well. It is in the storage shed at the moment and my memory fails me. i slept in it, my mother and grandmother and daughter slept in it.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

The Antique 1800's Spool Beds are currently estimated to sell on the secondary retail market ( known selling price ) for an average of $550.00-650.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. This will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please press the Accept Button ( and the smiley face Smile if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept and the Smiley FaceSmile does not cost you anymore, this is the only way I am compensated. I greatly appreciate this.

Have a great day.