Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

What is the value of a Hall teapot #0459? It is yellow with

What is the value of a Hall teapot #0459? It is yellow with gold leaf trim around the
top and lid. Also gold flowers on either side. There is a small chip in the spout.

Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.

Do you have an image to share? The numbers are rarely recorded and the color and shape would be much more helpful. The chip would be damaging to the value so an image ot the spout would help too to see how much.

Dori

Here are some options to share images: (let me know if these don't work for you...I understand that images are tricky)

Go to http://www.imgur.com/

1. Click "Computer"

2. Double click the image you want to upload

3. Click "Start Upload"

4. When the image appear on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work:

You can email the pictures toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, and ask them to forward the images to me...

Put Dori in Antiques in the subject line and add your User Name or a link to this question somewhere in the message so they know who this is from. (Email is very slow right now so patience is key if you choose this option. Thank you!)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dori,
I am sending you pictures of the Hall teapot I have asked you to appraise. I am sending them to the experts at justanswer.com. The photos will show the gold design and the 1/2 inch chip on the spout. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It has been a bit slow so hopefully by tomorrow night we will be able to connect on this but please know I am looking for your images and will respond as soon as I get something. I appreciate your efforts. Dori
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the images. They help greatly.

This is an unique Hall China Company teapot for sure. The pattern is Airflow and it was introduced in 1940. These would have a value in the range of 100.00-125.00 according to price guides in this warm yellow.

These Hall China teapots are priced fairly well in books but the actual antique market is showing a low value unfortunately for all of Hall's famous teapots today. These no longer are selling at high end auctions and at local sales and online sales the values are very low..no where near price guide numbers.

Airflow, with its unique look, does sell a bit higher across the board in the range of 39.00-55.00 but I have given you some raw data below to show you how tough the market is right now for these pretty pots.

Here is are some examples not exact but close to what we are talking about.

Vntge 40s Streamlined HALL Airflow Pitcher Teapot MINT

Sold For: $39.99 USD - Date: 7/20/09

Vintage 40s HALL " Airflow " Streamlined Teapot / Pitcher - MINT!!!

VINTAGE HALL CHINA AIRFLOW DESIGN TEAPOT 8 CUP YELLOW

Sold For: $39.00 USD - Date: 3/2/11

Hall Airflow Teapot in canary yellow with the Standard Gold decoration. The Airflow Teapot was introduced by the Hall Company in 1940. The teapot and lid are in Great condition with no chips, cracks, repairs, and no crazing. Clean on the inside- ...
View Item Detail

Similar Hook Cover Teapot shapes with gold

Hall China Canary Hook Cover Teapot w/Standard Gold

[ Zoom (1) ]

Sold For: $24.99 USD - Date: 6/4/2008 4PM

This auction is for a Hall China canary Hook Cover teapot with standard gold,which dates from the 1940s. It measures 6 inches tall by 10 inches from spout to handle

Vintage Hall China Cadet Blue Hook Cover Teapot Gold

Sold For: $10.50 USD - Date: 6/20/11

Upfor auction is this very nice Hall teapot. It is marked on the bottom. This teapot is done in the Cadet Blue color and has the hook cover. It also has a gold leaf and floral decoration

VINTAGE-HALL COLLECTIBLE TEAPOT-VERY PRETTY BLUE/GOLD

Sold For: $11.00 USD - Date: 6/15/10

VINTAGE-HALL COLLECTIBLE TEAPOT-VERY PRETTY BLUE/GOLD For your consideration, a beautiful blue, trimmed with gold vintage teapot made by Hall China. It was made in the USA, is a 6 cup beauty with a hook cover lid, it is numbered #0749

I wish that I had better news but I can only tell you what the market is doing and this would be a good antique to hold on to and enjoy until the antique sales return to their past heights. Unfortunately too the spout chips are fairly noticable which would bring values down another 10.00 or more to a collector. The shape is still pretty and I think a buyer could over look them but these are not rare enough to make this insignificant. In the last seven years I find 74 lots of these Airflow model teapots (of different glazes) so this is another reason why condition is going to impact value.

All my best, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! This button will not charge you further but credits me for my work.

PPS Positive feedback is very much appreciated. If you have any reason to leave "less than positive feedback," please contact me first, so that I can ensure that you are properly assisted with your question. I am happy to follow up and clarify or add further information.

Experience: 25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA