Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Estimated selling price for Royal Albert bone china teaset(Old

Selling price for Royal Albert bone china teaset(Old Country Roses) 6off cups, saucers,tea plates, milk jug,sugar bowl & teapot?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,
I believe I just helped you with your other tea set of fascination royal bone but I will advise the same idea for the royal albert set.
The first component to selling any set of porcelain is the condition. Due to a high number of pieces in the current market dish buyers only buy pieces that are not defected in any way. This meaning that there are no cracks, chips, or glazing problems. With that being said the current collectible market for these items, as well as many others, is also very weak due to high availability and a weak demand. However you do have some very beautiful pieces, which if you were going to make an attempt at the best possible sale again I would advise you to piece out the collection.
The prices for the royal albert old country roses, made by Harrold Holdcroft in 1962 and have beautiful roses adorning the faces and sides of the cups and plates in the series. With this set prices are ranging from resale prices of 80-130 dollars for an entire set, to 75 dollars for just the tea pot. The footed cups and saucers are selling at retail from 15-20 dollar in excellent condition. The milk jug and sugar bowl are selling at retail prices between 25-35 dollars and the teapot is ranging from 60-85 dollars.
Many people are trying to get rid of old china, whether its because it needs to be hand washed, or it just isn't being used as much, or it is taking up space and people are doing away with it, and these are reasons why it just isn't selling like it used to and it is diminishing the resale value.
Thank you for your question, this morning I was happy to help you in any way possible. I hope the information was informative and gave you an idea of what you have. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Thanks,
Frank
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.