Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles
54715563

.What is the value of an expand-o-matic Buffet Table. Approx

.What is the value of an expand-o-matic Buffet Table. Approx 39'Width 29'ht, with approx 17 are 18in dept to store the leafs. There are four leafs that open up and accommadate the seating of 12 people. It was made by Saginaw cabinet co of Michigan.Which has been out of business for a few years. I have had it for 30 years. I'm not good at wood. But it's thick and pretty. I do have a oicture not sure where to put it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You for asking. Yes i am wating on help with this question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still expecting an answer. I'll be out for awhile.

Thank You

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your respond. I have time to wait. Just wanted to know that i had not been forgotten.Embarassed
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. Based on a review of current recorded and documented sales of similar items in the past year and your description, the current market value is estimated to be from $600 to $800...and here is somebody looking for one!

http://www.myantiquefurniturecollection.com/i-am-looking-for-an-expand-o-matic-desk-by-saginaw-furniture...-114244.html

Hope this helps! Best, Will

--

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button if my answer has helped you in any way so I can be credited by Just Answer staff for assisting you...no additional charge to you! Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not giving up on you. You are the only person i am working with. This answer could be ok. but i remember someone selling the same peice for more than $1000,00 several years ago. Can you please spend a little more time on it and see if you can come up with something different,,
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but I pulled active comps from the past ten months in all active databases...I found one which sold for exactly $1,000 in 2010 but it was near mint condition...and found another currently for sale with an asking price of $800...so the range is accurate in this economy for a private seller. You may, of course, ask any amount you want...and may find that one person looking besides the one I told you about already. Best, Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles