Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a 1930 Charak Furniture Co. piece, apparently from what

I have a 1930 Charak Furniture Co. piece, apparently from what I've seen online, it's a Mahogany Federal Serpentine Sideboard. It's in good, not mint, condition. It was left to me as part of my mother's estate and I'm interested in selling it. I'd like a good idea of its value, along with advice about the best way to sell it. I don't have a photo of it but could get one, if needed. Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 4 years ago.
It would help a great deal if you could post an image...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Will replied 4 years ago.

Thanks! Based on a review of current recorded and documented sales of similar items in the past year and your description, the current market value is estimated to be from $1,800 to $2,200. Insurance replacement value would be $4,000.

The Charak Furniture Company of Boston was a leading 20th century furniture manufacturer of reproductions of traditional American Colonial furniture. Their highest years of production ranged from the 1920s onwards and unlike many American furniture manufacturers, survived the Depression of the 1930s.

In the 1950s era, the company hired Donald Deskey, a well-known American designer, to create a line of colorful, durable plastic coated modern furniture.

Hope this helps! Best, Will

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button if my answer has helped you in any way so I can be credited by Just Answer staff for assisting additional charge to you! Thanks!