Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

i have a set of 12 belleek coxon demitasse cup and saucer.

i have a set of 12 belleek coxon demitasse cup and saucer. Value??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Can you describe the pattern?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes they are kelly green(ish) w/ gold rims and ivory inside.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 years ago.

Coxon Belleek was one of the American companies that tried to take the Belleek style and try to make their own version of it in the US. Out of all the companies, it had probably the best quality. One reason is that they hired Irish workers (some even from Belleek). They were only in business for a few years in the late 20s. Most of their records and "true" names of the patterns have been lost. Out of about 100 patterns there's only a handful that collectors are sure of the actual names.

Based on my records, 12 cups/saucers should have a current market value in the range of $550 to $600.

Sometimes individual pieces will go higher if they're sold individually. Most people already have part of a set and might just be looking to replace a single piece or add to their collection. It's possible you might get a higher figure than the set replacement value by breaking it up and selling each cup/saucer on their own.
Prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your pieces and where you try to it. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales do tend to go for less.

You will definitely get a higher value by selling it yourself than dealing with a shop or auction.
Craigslist is a worthy shot because it's free. Etsy and Amazon are turning about to be a great alternative to Ebay. and are pretty good up and coming online sites.
You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.

If I can be of any further help or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me. If there is a problem with my answer, please contact me before leaving any neutral or negative feedback. I want to make sure you're satisfied.

Please click accept and one of the smiles if I have been of any help, since this is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thanks and have a great night,