ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

i have two landscape pastel of birch trees signed by M DeG

i have two landscape pastel of birch trees signed by M DeGraff
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the inquiry! Although the artist M. DeGraff does not show up in databases of known artists, his work has sold at auction before. In 2008, a work described as, "M. DE GRAFF PASTEL ON PAPER (American, 19th/20th century) Winter landscape with cottage 24 in. by 9 3/4 in. Signed M. De Graff l.r. In original wood and gesso frame" sold for $130 at an Oregon auction, which is consistent with what one would expect a modest landscape of the period to sell for. A current market value for a similar pastel on paper would be $150 to $200 assuming that it is framed and "ready to hang".

Thanks again. Please let me know if I may be of further help. If this answer was useful, kindly press the green accept button as it is the only way that experts receive any compensation for helping you (even when you leave a deposit)!