Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a painting by G Quadrone painted app in about 1885

I have a painting by G Quadrone painted app in about 1885 I would like to find out its value. I could send you an attachment of the painting, if you could provide an email
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure this is a painting and not a print?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sure it is a painting because it is done on canvas. I only saw this print on a plate when I was looking for information on The artist through the internet.

I would like to send you a picture of the painting, But I am not sure as to how to do that. I have a picture of the painting on my computer and I could attach it to your email. I just need an email from you to do this. Unless you have another suggestion.

Leonard
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be aware that prints are often done on a canvas grain paper, just wanted you to be sure as possible.

The best way to get an image to me is to post it to a site like www.imgur.com and then send the link to me. Best, Will

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try to send the attachment again. Hopefully this will work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have a picture of a stove. Please give me an appraisal on this stove.

Leonard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The picture I am trying to send to you is of a man trying to get in a building. A young boy is to his side and a dog in the back.They have rabbits attached to them. Please let me know if that is what you received. This is a painting done by G. Quadrone around 1885.

Already Tried:
The painting is of a man trying to open his door. A little boy is behind him looking very cold. and a dog waiting to enter the garage. It looks like they have just got back from rabbit hunting.

Attachment: Picture 002.jpg

Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Giovanni Battista Quadrone (1844 - 1898)

Based on a review of current recorded and documented sales of similar items in the past year and your description, the current market value is estimated to be from $15,000 to $30,000+ if original....

Hope this helps! Best, Will

--

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button if my answer has helped you in any way so I can be credited by Just Answer staff for assisting you...no additional charge to you! Thanks!

Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles