Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles

I have a complete 8 set of china: Spode Billingsley Rose.

I have a complete 8 set of china: Spode Billingsley Rose. The markings on the bottom of one of the tea cups reads as follows: Spode England 2/8867 D Billingsley Rose from A Spode Design c. 1892.
In addition to the 3 or 4 different plates/saucers of various sizes, I have bowls, coffee cups, tea cups (all 8 of each). I also have various sizes of serving dishes/platters, a tea pot, a coffee pot (1 of each) and two butter dishes with lids. They were given to me by an Aunt who received them as a wedding present over 50 years ago. They are in seemingly perfect condition with the exception of some use showing at the bottom of the tea cups. What would be an approximate value of the set?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

HI--the current retail for Spode in that pattern ranges from $85 to $140 per place setting (about $675 to $1,100) plus you can add about $450-750 for the master serving pieces and accessories--so you are looking at from $1,200 to $1,850 on the set as a private seller--most dealers will only offer about 40% of retail in this economy, so you are best advised to try to sell it to a private party yourself.

Potential sales venues would be local listings on Craigslist.org, eBay.com, Rubylane.com or etsy.com , consignment to a local collector shop or inclusion in a local estate sale as an add-on.

Anything else I can assist you with on this topic today?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just wanted a ball park. Thanks for the information.

Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Not a problem at all...hope I helped as needed!

After you have reviewed my answer, please press "ACCEPT" so I can be compensated by JustAnswer for the time and research efforts I personally put into your individual question.

*

Pressing "Accept" does not charge you anything additional; it just credits me for my work.

*

If you need more information, please press "REPLY" so I can assist you further.

*

Positive feedback is very much appreciated if you could kindly take a minute once the process is over to your satisfaction. If you have ANY reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question.

*

It is my personal goal to have you leave the site with the answer you needed!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to be absolutely certain that I am not charged anything additional or am signing up for some free trial where charges will show up on my accout down the road. This is a one time inquiry. By accepting, I am paying $40 only...correct?
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.
You should not be charged anything more at all...but I am not involved in the billing or rates group (I just do active appraisals)--if by chance you are billed one penny more than the rate quoted to you, just email info@justanswer.com and Customer Service will assist you. You may receive automated replies or solicitations from the site, but that has nothing to do with me or your actual question....you can simply ignore them. Best, Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 30+ Years expertise in antiques and collectibles