Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

Have #1513 Copyright 1901 By McLoughlin Bros. N.Y., Electro-Grain

Have #1513 Copyright 1901 By McLoughlin Bros. N.Y., Electro-Grain Gravure in original frame Titled " Dan and I", would like to know the artist and estimate value for insurance purposes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! Who is the artist that signed it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a print by McLoughlin Bros. N.Y. copyright 1901, #1513 Electro-Grain Gravure, titled "Dan and I", which is a young lad reclining head to head against a large dog. Artist is unknown, but would like to know the value of this print, in it's original frame, for insurance purposes. Was bought at an Estate sale.

Hi ,
can you send me a picture of it here are some instructions that might help;

To provide the best answer here, I am going to need some pictures if possible. If you could please provide these for me, it would greatly aid me in my search.

Because I am not allowed to share my email address or phone number, to share pictures, you have upload them directly to the chat box.

To do this they have to be less than 5mb in size. To attach them here, click the paper clip icon and then browse to choose a GIF, PNG, or JPG. Upload and then follow the prompts to insert it. Once you push insert, wait for it to load. once you are able to see the actual image and not the word "graphic" , then submit the message. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dan & I

Hello, this is very nice looking what are the measurements Height x width? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Print itself is 16" h. x 20" L., within the frame it is 22 3/4" h. x 26 1/2" L.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Print itself is 16" h. x 20" w., within the frame it is 22 3/4" h. x 26 1/2" w.

for insurance replacement purposes I would have it insured for $650 USD due to the rarity of the print and the fine quality of the antique Victorian style frame.

I hope this answers your question! If you are satisfied with my answer, please click “ACCEPT” so JustAnswer will credit me for my time & work (at no further cost to you). Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alan C. Ransdell, AOA AM, CA